WE ARE THE EXPERTS SINCE 1926
Our success story began in 1926, when Gustav Schwebinghaus founded Lusbrink & Schwebinghaus oHG with his partner Paul Lusbrink. By the way, the name LUBERO was created as an approximated abbreviation of the founders' surnames and the then independent Wuppertal district of Ronsdorf. Initially, only holding tools for various cutting tools were produced until the early 1930s, when the company began manufacturing round and hexagonal cutting irons, first from tool steel and later from HSS.
During a forced interlude in the armaments industry during World War 2, Gustav Schwebinghaus died. Until the return of his son Alfred from captivity in 1949, Paul Lusbrink managed the company alone.
In 1954, Alfred Schwebinghaus, by then the sole owner, began producing hand and later machine taps in most thread types and shapes. In the following years, the production area as well as the machinery were continuously expanded; company profits were consistently invested in the further development of products and manufacturing processes thanks to the single-owner structure. This is still the reason for the high quality of LUBERO tools today.
Gerd Schwebinghaus joined the company in 1980 after completing his studies in mechanical engineering and has been the sole owner since 1996. In the meantime, LUBERO has developed into a specialist for thread technology. In addition to the production of numerous standard articles, the company concentrates primarily on the design of special threading tools. Users as well as competitors benefit from our many years of know-how and the associated quality and process reliability.
In 2020, the newly founded Lubero GmbH has moved. The constant growth has made it necessary to change the production location to create more capacity. At the same time a generation change took place, Mr. Schwebinghaus retired in the meantime, while the following managing director Eric Ollinger took over the management.